One awesome thing was that she offered to take a bag back for us. When you are planning on putting all of the material possession of a family of five into 8-10 duffel bags, having someone offer you an extra bag is such a blessing. Abby, we are so grateful!!!
Anyways, can I just say that it was WEIRD to pack that first bag?!?!? So. Many. Emotions. So excited that this is, in a small way, starting. So weird that the next time we see that stuff, we will be living in Honduras. I cried and yet was so excited while I packed it.
Sometimes, I can't believe the contrast of emotions that I have about this change that is happening in our lives. How can I be so excited and so scared all at the same time? I'm so glad that when the Lord asks me to obey and to follow Him, He doesn't expect me to feel a certain way, He just wants me to be obedient. I am so grateful that He accepts the realness of me and where I'm at today and that He embraces me in that. What a blessing. And I am so grateful to so many of you who are walking this journey together with us and allowing us to be real about the process. You are changing us and helping us grow. You are making this possible.
| The bag partially full of the girls' books and toys |
| Sister snack time on the patio |
No comments:
Post a Comment