Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Kenna-girl

Every day that passes, this moving thing becomes more and more real. The most recent change is that Peter put his notice in at work. Wow. I don't know why, but that feels so HUGE. We are moving to HONDURAS. To be MISSIONARIES. In 2.5 months. Holy crap. (Is it ok for a missionary to say 'crap'?)

Kenna has been asking a lot lately about the move and what we are going to be doing in Honduras. She has NOT been excited about the move. The things she remembers about our trip in March:

1)Honduras is hot (apparently she doesn't think Phoenix is hot??)
2)Honduras has LOTS of mosquitos (I'm pretty sure she got all the mosquito bites for our entire family when we were there)
3)Honduras has ants (She stood in an ant hill when we were there)

We have been trying to help her think of positive things we can look forward to together. I have also been trying to teach her about missionaries ... explaining to her that missionaries get to go and tell people about Jesus. I have been telling her that SHE is going to be a missionary and that SHE will get to love people and to tell them about Jesus. That idea has made her more excited about the whole thing ... which is so comforting. I want her to be excited.

Anyways, when I picked her up from school today, her teacher told me that they were having a discussion about people who live in other countries. Kenna raised her hand and told her class all about what we are going to be doing in Honduras. When I asked her about it, she told me that she got to stand up and tell all the other kids what being a missionary means and that she gets to be one. Cue tears. I mean, really? Precious.

Thank you, Jesus, for working in my precious Kenna-girl's heart. Thank you for the innocence and sweetness of her heart. Thank you for teaching me as I watch You in her.


No comments:

Post a Comment