Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Good Things

I can't believe it has been a month since I last updated the blog. Time is passing so quickly! Yesterday I was talking to my mom (have I mentioned she's awesome?!) and she asked me about positive things I am seeing here, things I like, ways I see God working. At first, it took me a minute. Once I started listing, I kept thinking of more things. God is changing me. He is changing our family. I still don't totally understand our purpose here, but I know He is faithful and I am looking for the ways He is working. This is the list I gave my mom:
  1. I like the changes I see in my girls. They seems less prissy. They seem less picky. They are interested in bugs and want to play in the dirt. They will eat almost everything I serve them. They don't whine as much. They are learning Spanish and will start a conversation with someone in Spanish. They are NOT by any means perfect. We are still struggling with behavior, but I like the changes I see in them. I like who they are becoming. I like who Jesus is making them. I like who Honduras is making them.
  2. I like that Peter is home in the mornings. At home, he would leave for work before the girls were up, before I was up. Here, He is able to eat breakfast with us. We can have devotions together as a family. He takes the girls to school for me so that I can have 20minutes to read my Bible before the day starts. I like that we can start the day together as a family. 
  3. I like that I have been able to start using some of my counseling background. Not a ton, but a bit. It's been a long time since I've been able to and I love it. I love listening. I love trying to hear the Lord in the midst of other's lives. I love having God use me in this way. I like that Honduras is bringing that out of me.
  4. I like going to the beach. I never thought that we would live in a place so close to the beach. And I love it. We go down there about once a weeks a family. The girls love it. Peter and I love it. I like living close to the beach.
  5. I like the changes I see in Peter. He enjoys going to work. He enjoys what He is doing. He feels fulfilled when He comes home. I like being around him. I like him. I like the person he is in Honduras.  
As I make the list, I continue to think of more things to add. Gratitude is like that. The more we thank, the more we find to be thankful for. About a year ago, I read the book One Thousand Gifts by Anne Voscamp. A friend reminded me of it last night. If you haven't read it, you should. It's so good. Reminds us to be thankful, to find God in the little and ordinary and mundane things. He is there. He is good. 

Another great thing about being here are my neighbors. They have been a HUGE blessing. One of my neighbors has taken a ton of great pictures of the girls at the beach and at the playground. I thought you would enjoy seeing them … well, I'll enjoy sharing them :)









Thanks for your support and your love. We love and are so grateful for all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment