Monday, August 1, 2016

El Camino Bilingual School

We thought maybe some of you would want to see what we do on a day-to-day basis. Peter and I are not very good at taking pictures to document things, but I'm trying to get better. So, here are two posts with what our daily routine "looks" like ... one from the school and one from the hospital.

The school grounds, as seen from the road.



This is the new school building. Three rooms were opened and in use last year, four are open and in use this year. It is an incredible building!



This is my fourth grade classroom. Isn't it gorgeous?! I have the biggest room in the school and I feel so spoiled. We have lots of rooms to spread out and do our thing :)


These are my fourth graders. I sure love them. They are teaching me so much about life and love and thinking outside the box. 


This is our individual reading corner. I snagged these chairs at a store in town for $6! The kids are under strict instructions not to pop them with their pencils. So far they have lasted us 10 weeks. I'm hoping they make it the whole year!


This is our listening center. We had an amazing person donate four ipads for the school to use and the school is letting me use them for my new reading groups!! The kids LOVE them. I cannot tell you how excited they were and still are to get to use ipads AND headphones. So so fun and so so good for their reading.


This is our spelling work station. 


This is our teacher time station ... I get to work with them every day in smaller groups to help them with their reading.


And these are some of my students working in their word work station.

                               

 Be looking for the next blog with pics of the hospital.

- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment