Monday, May 16, 2016

You Are Wanted

Maybe you don't, but I have times where I desperately need the Lord to reassure me that he sees me and loves me even though he knows me. Yes. Even though he knows me, he still loves me, he still likes me, he still wants me, he still chooses me. Sometimes the need is because of things going on in me; other times the need comes from things going on in life, but the need to know he loves me can be overwhelming. This week a friend of mine introduced me to Dara Maclean's music. I have had the song "Wanted" on repeat all week. I hear him whispering to me through this music. I hear him telling me that he loves me, that he sees me, that he wants me.

You are wanted
To every broken heart, He stands with open arms
You are wanted
To every searching soul, look to the rising sun
If you're lonely, hurting, gone too far
To the outcast you come as you are
For you, you are wanted, you, you are wanted
You, you are wanted, you, you are wanted

He is reminding me to keep my eyes on him. He's got this. He's got me. And I hear him telling me to tell you, to remind you ... He loves you. He sees you. When you're broken. And struggling. And sinking. And searching. And striving. And tired. And worn out. Can't give anymore. Want to give up. He wants you. He wants to use you. He sees you. He loves you. You, my friend, are wanted. 

- Katie

also - look up Dara Maclean. Amazing lyrics. You won't be sorry.

3 comments:

  1. Amen I needed to hear that today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen I needed to hear that today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have meditated on the words of this song for the past few years. Love the lyrics'

    ReplyDelete