Sunday, October 6, 2013

Overwhelmed By His Goodness

I am amazed and overwhelmed by how the Lord is working and providing, and assuring me that He is in control. Gosh, He's good. And I am so quick to forget it.

We had our first fundraiser a week ago. It was awesome. The people who came were so gracious and so generous. We were blown away. Before that day, we had none of our monthly support. After that night, we had 18% of our monthly support. Pretty. Cool. At the end of the night everyone prayed over us. Even. Cooler. What an amazing group of people the Lord has surrounded us with who are going to be standing with us in this new journey. We are so grateful!

Fast forward a week. One week is all it took for me to forget how good the Lord is and how much He is providing. I forgot and I started to try to take the reigns. I was beginning to anticipate our second fundraiser and telling the Lord that I couldn't do it; I couldn't ask, I couldn't do this fundraising thing, we were never going to get all of our money. I was panicking.

I mean, really? Hadn't I just seen His faithfulness ONE WEEK AGO?! But, you know what? He is so gentle with me. He continues to show me, not only that He is providing, but that He cares about how I feel about this whole thing and that He is with me in it.

Not two hours later, I checked my email and I had a few emails about four new people who want to join our support team. Wow. The Lord didn't have to do that for me. He didn't have to send me those emails right then, but He did. He knew that I needed encouragement and reassurance; He provided it. He is showing me over and over that He doesn't just care about my physical needs, but He cares about me: my thoughts, my feelings, the deepest parts of me. I am blown away by His love for me. And He loves YOU the same way.

Tonight we had a second fundraiser event and it went so well; just as incredible as the last one. We have the most amazing people who are partnering with us in this Honduras thing and we couldn't be more excited. After tonight we are 37% funded for our monthly budget!!

Thank you to those of you who are getting involved. Thank you to those of you who are being so gracious and generous. Thank you for partnering with us. Thank you for believing in us. Thank you for sharing in our excitement. And thank you, Jesus, for caring about us like you do. Thank you for caring about the little details in our lives. Help us to see you in those moments where you are loving on us.

A few pictures from the first event we had ... I forgot to take pictures at the second one.



What a blessing!


No comments:

Post a Comment