The first day I heard about Loma de Luz we were at the Global Missions Health Conference in Kentucky. God made it so obvious that he was calling us to this place. He went above and beyond, making it clear, beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is where he wanted us. I have often asked myself why he made it so clear? Maybe he knows the state of my wandering heart. Maybe he knows how I am prone to doubt. Maybe he knows how slow I am to obey. Maybe he loves me and wants me to have something to hold onto on the days he knows I struggle. Maybe it is all of those things. He sees me. He knows me. He loves me anyways.
I think back to that person I was that day in November three years ago at that conference. I almost feel like I don't know that person anymore ... I have changed so much. My perspective has changed, the way I see the world has changed, the way I see my culture has changed, the way I see people has changed, the way I see my God has changed.
I thought that living in a poor country different than my own would clarify things for me, that I would have more answers about how to solve hunger and bring peace and heal brokenness. It hasn't really done any of those things. In fact, I often feel like it has just brought me more confusion as I grapple with those huge overwhelming questions. But, the thing I do know now more than ever before is that love wins. His way wins. His way is always better. Love is always the right choice. Love is always the best choice. He is always the best choice. His way is always the best choice.
The last few weeks I have been overcome by the love that God has for me. The Jesus Storybook Bible says that his love for me is a, "Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Un-breaking, Always and Forever Love." No matter what I do. No matter where I go. One thing remains, one thing is certain: His love for me. Life is crazy. It is uncertain. It is challenging. Yet, He never stops. He never gives up. He never breaks. He is always. He is forever. Love for me. Love for you. Incredible.
- Katie
Not a bad view for a picnic
They are all so different
Popsicles
No comments:
Post a Comment