Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Hardest Thing to Leave

I don't know why the Lord chose to bless me with the family that He did, but wow. I am so blessed. I am constantly blown away by the way that they love me and love each other. I am so privileged to have been raised in this family.

Over Christmas break, everyone was home together and it was amazing. As a Christmas present to my parents, we had pictures taken together. And, I know I'm a bit biased :), but they turned out pretty awesome.



They are pretty great, right? Since Christmas, I've been thinking a lot about family and what it means and how my family has changed me. I thought I'd share a little about them; they're incredible.

So, if you don't know my parents, you are missing out. Two of the very best people on the planet. They love God and love the people around them better than anyone else I have ever met. They are truly the salt of the earth. They constantly give. Constantly. If they see a need, they meet it. No questions asked. 
They are a physical representation of Jesus' love. They live the gospel. They love big. They love each other. They are faithful. They are encouragers. They are incredible. I am who I am today because of them. They believe in me and challenge me and support me and love me. They do that for all four of us kids and our spouses and families. I will forever be thankful to the Lord for allowing me the privilege of being their daughter. 



This is my nuclear family (is that what it's called?) Anyways, my parents and us four kids. 



My sister, Claire, is a rockstar. She is one of the most fun people I have ever been around. She is a magnet. You meet her and you want to be friends with her. She embraces life and lives it. She isn't afraid to be who she is. That is such a challenge for me at times and I admire that about her. One of the coolest things has been to watch her over the past few months; she just gave birth to her daughter, Sofia. Watching her transfer into the role of a mother has been incredible. The amount of love and passion that she pours into that precious bundle is so inspiring. She makes me want to be a better mom. Her husband David is the perfect balance for her and has been a great addition to our family. He has taught us so much about culture and life and language (he is from Spain and helps us out with our Spanish). This cute little family is such a blessing. 


My sister, Betsy, is one of the strongest people I have ever met. Her passion for Jesus is captivating. Her relationship with Jesus and her strength combined together are inviting. She handles everything life throws at her with seeming ease and grace. She doesn't back down, but keeps going and keeps pressing into Jesus. Her relationship with Jesus makes me want more Jesus. She is an incredible listener and encourager. She makes me want to live life better. Her husband Donnie is a joy. He instantly puts people at ease. He has been such a breath of fresh air and a true gift to our family. They are amazing. They radiate joy. They radiate Jesus.


My brother, Luke, is faithful and determined. I know, without a doubt, that if I ever needed anything, Luke would be there in an instant. He is my younger brother, but he stands by me like a protective big brother. He doesn't give up. It has been so awesome to see him get married and have his first baby, Hadley. The determined way that he has provided for a taken care of his family is inspiring. I love the way that he loves his wife Kimber and his daughter Hadley (and soon to be Piper - yay!). His wife, Kimber, has been such a great addition to our family. She is easy to be around and so great to talk to. I love getting her input on different things. The way that she loves my brother is refreshing. Their family of three, soon to be four, is awesome. 


I've been so blessed, right? Aren't they all so great? The HARDEST part of going to Honduras for me is leaving all of them. I am so grateful that we have phones and computers for Skype dates and such, but nothing replaces just hanging out and spending time together. The thought of leaving all of them and missing watching their amazing families as they grow up and change just kills me. Seriously. I hate the thought of it. I love them so much. But, I am trusting and believing that God knows better than I do. He has a plan for them in this too. He has a plan for me and my cute little family in Honduras. And he has a plan for them here. Even though I'm not here. If you are where they are and are a part of their lives, will you give them a hug for me from time to time? And, will you pray along with me that I can do the thing today that feels impossible? And, will you pray that you can do the thing that feels impossible? I am trusting that He knows better in my life, and that He knows better in your life. He is worth it. He is worth giving up the thing most dear to us. I am believing that today, will you? 


(And if you're wondering about pics of our cute little family of five, they are coming tomorrow ... Maybe you're not wondering, but I'm dying to share :)  )









No comments:

Post a Comment