Monday, January 27, 2014

We Made It

The past few weeks have been such a whirlwind I don't even know where to begin. Packing up our house into ten suitcases, getting together all of the last minute things, and saying goodbye to friends and family was exhausting. Thank you so much to all of you who helped us out during the last few weeks!! We could not have done it without you. And we did it!

                   Here we are with the truck loaded up before heading to the airport.


And these are our bags piled high to take inside. 


Notice the devious look on Koley's face? Me either. But I should've because we were in for it!


She finally gave up and went to sleep. Best. Thing. Ever. Having this precious one sleep in my arms.


Peter and Kinzie getting ready to watch a movie before take-off.


It was a crazy two days of travel: Koley with an allergic reaction before we boarded the plane, crying girls, tired girls, exploding diapers, more luggage than we could carry …. but we survived and we are here. Praise Jesus.

It has been a crazy 24 hours. We had the WARMEST welcome buy everyone here. People to carry our luggage inside when we arrived, presents for the girls, fresh bread, dinner invitation, people willing to help however they can. I have been overcome by the kindness and open arms that have received us. What a gift. 

It feels surreal. Part of me feels like I am just moving into a new apartment as I unpack our things. And the other part of me cannot stop thinking about the fact that WE LIVE IN HONDURAS NOW. It feels like we have been planning and praying about this for so long and now we are here and we are living it. So. Crazy. 

The thing that is the craziest to me, I think, is that I feel peaceful. I don't know why that is surprising to me, but it is. I feel overwhelmed with trying to figure everything out here and make a new life in someplace that is so different from everything I am used to and so far away from all of the people that I love, but I feel at peace. I keep crying because I miss my family, but I feel at peace. I don't understand the money, but I am at peace. I don't understand the culture, but I am at peace. So many things that feel overwhelming and yet I am at peace. I am convinced that this is the place for which the Lord has been preparing my family and that, my friends, is an incredible feeling. I know that things will not be easy. I know they will be confusing and hard and challenging and that I will probably want to come home at times, but I also know that we serve a great big God and that He has great plans for me. I am so excited to discover those plans as we live life here in Honduras. And I am grateful for His peace that assures me that I am exactly where He wants me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment